Braumeisters

The international Speidel Braumeister owners community

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This version of the forum is closed and stays online for reference purposes. Please visit the new forum version at https://forum.braumeisters.net

#1 2014-03-17 15:56:42

Okire
Model: 50 litres

Wort escaping under the pipe

A couple of times I have experienced that wort is escaping from under the malt tube, the way to solve it has been using a spanner to tighten the wing nut harder but I am afraid that the fittings are not made to support this. Have any of you had the problem?

#2 2014-03-17 19:02:10

Twonky

Re: Wort escaping under the pipe

Hi Okire,

I too had this once while stirring the mash... I think I rotated the malt pipe a bit, and the rubber sealing ring on the bottom slipped some because it probably was not pushed on hard enough, so after tightening the malt pipe down, with no result, no circulation what so ever. I resorted to manually circulating the mash through the tap into a pitcher and up in the top..... for the last 25min of the mash.
The resulting beer was okay, the sealing ring was not damaged, so from now on I double check the ring is properly in place before inserting the malt pipe.

Good luck on your next brew!
Cheers
cheers

#3 2014-03-19 13:59:06

Nesto

Another thing to look for is if there are any dents along the bottom edge of the malt pipe.

#4 2014-03-19 14:02:45

dinnerstick
Model: 20 litres

in all my use of, discussion about, and forum browsing on the topic of the braumeister, i've never heard of this problem! you shouldn't have to tighten the nut that hard, finger tight should be sufficient. if it recurs perhaps email speidel directly from their website, they are remarkably helpful!

#5 2014-03-19 14:21:42

cpa4ny

Had my BM for almost 3 years and never had that issue either.

As long as you don't forget to put both screens in place (below and above the malt) - I think everything should be just fine beer

Board footer